HBPA Administrative Assistant
Part time / Approx. 15 hours per week/ 3-days per week
Job location: Northlands Park, 11445- 79th St., Edmonton, AB
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Be a key interface for the Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association of Alberta to thoroughbred Owners, Trainers, and Backstretch Employees.
– Process and maintain books for the HBPA (Accounts Payable/Receivable, reconciliations, issuing cheques, etc.)
– Help in the delivery of Dental, Benevolence, and Insurance benefits to backstretch employees.
– Maintain and distribute various reports relating to horse racing in Alberta.
– Assist in all functions of the Association (Board meetings, Elections, Membership, etc..)
– Must possess knowledge of bookkeeping practices (experience with SAGE desirable).
– Must have experience and a working knowledge of EXCEL.
– Must enjoy working with people and providing service to our members and backstretch employees.
– The ability to do work at Century Downs in Calgary during the Calgary race meeting would be an asset.
– Experience and knowledge of horse racing industry would be an asset
Please forward resumes or expressions of interest via email prior to June 15th to:
Darrell Bauder, Executive Director email@example.com